Even though I was reared in christianity, was formally educated in it, and have had many close relationships with christians, it is still astounding to see christians openly reject the Father’s Sabbaths, simply because their belief system (christianity), which is a counterfeit of the true faith, abolished those days long ago (as if the Almighty Creator instituted and ordained His days, gave them to His children as a sign between Him and them, and then abandoned them unfulfilled).
Christians often ignorantly state that Messiah Yahoshua (whom they falsely call “jesus”) fulfilled ALL the Sabbaths, merely because He fulfilled the law of Moses, not understanding that Yah’s Sabbaths pre-dated the law, and they exist separately from the law.
Of course, they ignore passages like Ezekiel 20:11-12, which clearly show that Yah’s laws and His Sabbaths are not the same thing. His Sabbaths are a sign between Him and His children—they are family identification.
Here are some questions about Yah’s Sabbaths that christians cannot answer, and it’s mostly because of willful blindness caused by clinging to their counterfeit of the true faith:
1. If the Sabbaths were ended at the cross (as so many christians falsely claim), then why did Paul observe them (Acts 18:20-21, Acts 20:6, Acts 27:9, 1 Corinthians 16:8)? And, why did he teach them to the Gentile converts (1 Corinthians 5:7-8, 1 Corinthians 11:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15)?
2. If the Sabbaths were ended at the cross, then why did Messiah rise again on the Feast of Firstfruits, which is the first day of the week following the weekly Sabbath that follows Passover? Of course, the first day of the week starts at sundown at the end of the Sabbath, and it was during that night that Messiah rose again. That day (Feast of Firstfruits) marks the beginning of the barley harvest, and He rose again on that feast day, which was AFTER the cross.
3. If the Sabbaths were ended at the cross, then why was the New Covenant poured out on all mankind (not just the physical Jews) on the Feast of Weeks, which was 49 days AFTER Messiah’s resurrection on Firstfruits, which was AFTER the cross? It was also AFTER Messiah had ascended back to His Father. This event is recounted for us in Acts 2. How could that have happened, if the Sabbaths were ended at the cross?
4. If the Sabbaths were ended at the cross, then why are they shown being observed during Messiah’s 1000-year reign on the earth (Ezekiel 45 & 46, Zechariah 14:16-19). If they were ended, then why do they magically appear during His earthly reign? Why would there be a period of time in which they were just paused? That not only makes no sense, it defies the immutable nature of Elohim.
5. If the Sabbaths were ended at the cross, why did Paul say they are shadows of THINGS TO COME? We know that Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, and Weeks, were fulfilled by the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Messiah, and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit as the New Covenant (Acts 2), but what about Trumpets, Atonement, and Tabernacles? Why would those feasts not have specific fulfillment events? The answer is, they do—they just have not yet occurred, which is why Paul said they are shadows of things that are yet to come.
All the major events we are shown in the prophetic texts (things yet to come) will happen ON Yah’s ordained Sabbaths! These are mysteries of Christ that are revealed through the Father’s ordained days. Christianity rejected them long ago, and in so doing, they reject the Father and the Son.
The fact is, what christianity peddles about the feasts being ended is complete rubbish! The Sabbaths are a sign given to Yah’s children, so they actually have nothing to do with christians, which is why christians typically have nothing to do with them.
Moreover, the reason christianity’s path to salvation is falsely based on man’s decision is because of ignorance of the Father’s traditions, which include His Sabbaths, the wedding traditions, and the temple ordinances and practices.
The Passover shows the path to salvation, and that journey was memorialized in the way of the tabernacle. When christianity abolished the Father’s traditions, it also rejected the true path to salvation, and invented its own false path, which is a counterfeit of true salvation.
The god of christianity is schizophrenic, as christianity teaches a god who designed and ordained a foundation of faith in Messiah Yahoshua (cultivated olive tree), and rather than teaching a “grafting in” of those who were outside the covenant (Gentiles), christianity invented its own false tree, and decorated it with paganism and traditions of men.
Woe unto those who cling to the deception and blindness of christianity, the “falling away” of 2 Thessalonians 2:3.
For more information: What Are the Old and New Covenants?